We have some good news and some bad news! We are updating our office Internet access and telephone system in our Austin, DFW and Houston market. The good news is… these changes will allow us to better serve our customers. The bad news is… right now it is not working very well. We hope and pray that our telephone and Internet providers will have all issues resolved soon, but please be patient with us. We are making improvements to serve you better.
There is so much to consider when you need fence repairs done. Here are some points for you to keep in mind:
- Check your Deed Restrictions and/or with your HOA so you can share any requirements with fence contractors. Do not assume that the contractor has that information.
- The most popular picket materials are Pine and Cedar. Cedar is more expensive, but it has oils and acids in the wood that makes it undesirable to many insects. Cedar also warps less than Pine. Steel posts do cost more than wood posts. Unlike wood posts metal cannot be eaten by termites, nor do they rot like wood can.
- Ideally, your fence is better off not touching the ground. Kick Boards (also referred to as baseboards and rot boards) close the gap between your fence and the ground while protecting your fence from rot, termites, and helps keep a pet from breaking fence pickets.
- Sun and rain leeches out the natural protection a wood fence has, turning it grey over time. Staining does not protect a fence forever. You need to re-stain your fence every few years, but that is cheaper than rebuilding.
- If a price sounds too good to be true – it is! Always ask for a detailed bid in writing. It may take a contractor a little more time to get that to you, but you will know what you are really paying for. This also helps if you are splitting the cost with neighbors.
For Help With Your Fence Repair:
As always, we hope that you have found this information helpful. If you have questions or would like to have a FREE estimate on your fence or deck repair project in the Houston, Dallas Fort Worth or San Antonio area, please call us at 888.988.AGAN or fill in this easy form to request a free fence repair estimate: